Babbles June Retreat 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Want to make your trip to Ireland a truly memorable one? Come spend a cosy weekend at Ballyglass Country House at the Babbles Retreat hosted by Grace O'Neill of the Babbles Travelling Yarns Podcast. The old country house is a perfect example of Traditional Irish hospitality. Ruth and her family provide utmost comfort, a constant supply of tea coffee and hilarious stories to accompany the lovely comfortable lounge space. The Old Forge Bar is connected to the house and a place to obtain whatever tipple tickles your fancy, mere steps away!
The Glen of Aherlow in Tipperary has a very special place in Grace's heart as its where her family hail from. The mountains and forests welcome everyone, and there is no better joy in this world than to share your love of the Fibre crafts with others.
This retreat is designed to be a relaxed two or three day event where crafters, knitters, crocheters, weavers and spinners can come away from the stresses of normal life and spend time relaxing around a small group of like minded people.
The event is intimate and spaces are limited to 11 attendees.
- Three nights B&B & three evening meals in a Double Bed Room ensuite per person sharing - €319
- Three nights B&B & three evening meals in a Single Room Ensuite - €309
- Three nights B&B & three evening meals - Single bed in a Twin room ensuite per person sharing - €299
- Three nights B&B & three evening meals - Single bed in a Triple room ensuite per person sharing - €299
- Two nights B&B & Two evening meals in a Double Bed Room Ensuite per person sharing- €249
- Two nights B&B & Two evening meals in a Single Room Ensuite €239
- Two Nights B&B & Two evening meals - Single bed in a Twin room per person sharing - €229
- Two Nights B&B & Two evening meals - Single bed in a Triple room per person sharing - €229
The above price includes bed and breakfast for your chosen length of stay, dinner on friday night in the forge bar, all lunches and a saturday makers dinner (with entry into the raffle), Sunday lunch and all teas, coffees, scones and surpise suppers! Expect to be fed, REGULARLY.
You will also recieve a special little retreat gift as a thank you for attending.
On Saturday, join us for a small Makers Market. A select group of hand makers from all over the island of Ireland are going to be presenting their gorgeous hand dyed fibre and yarn. We also have sewists exhibiting this retreat with a gorgeous selection of handmade bags for sale.
During the weekend there will be crafts set up for people to try, such as Weaving and Spinning on traditional spinning wheels, courtesy of the Irish Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers.
There are beautiful walks available in the beautiful countryside of the Glen of Aherlow which are accessible by foot or a short drive away.
We would love to see you there.
A few of us are planning on heading up to Woollinn the following weekend. There are a few days in between the events where you are free to see some of the beautiful surrounding countryside, such as the Ring of Kerry, the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren, the Rock of Cashel, the medieval cities of Limerick & Kilkenny and many other off the beaten track locations only known by locals.
Accessibility information - There are no ground floor rooms available as of yet at Ballyglass Country House. Every room as at least one flight of stairs to access them.
Allergy Information - All dietary requirements can be accommodated.
Tickets will be released on the 14th of December 2019 at 4 pm GMT.
- Sold OutDouble Room - deposit€50€500€0
- Sold OutSingle Room Deposit€50€500€0
- Sold OutTwin Room Deposit€50€500€0
- Sold OutSingle bed in Triple Room€50€500€0